All round entry level instrumentation
The Vertex series is our line of all-round entry level potentiostat / galvanostat / ZRA instruments. Each Vertex instrument is available with optional impedance analyser/FRA for EIS. The instruments have been specifically designed to be affordable and robust; the cell cable uses the reliable and durable Ivium standard HD15 connector and the cell connection terminals are the well known 4mm banana plugs. The 1.3m cell cable with individually shielded leads is included.
The wide range of voltage and current capability offers a solution for all applications, including educational, basic electrochemistry, high current (battery) testing, electrolyser research and development.
Each Vertex instrument is capable of all standard electrochemical techniques and includes a complete suite of Iviumsoft control and data processing software.
4 electrode configuration
4 electrodes: WE, CE, RE, S (and GND), to perform all ellectrochemical applications
High data acquisition rate
Acquisition up to 300,000 pnts/s
Minimum interval time: 3.33µs (0.125µs resolution).
Applicable scanrates: 1µV/s to 10,000V/s
10 power configurations
10 different power configurations to fit your specific needs
Grounded / floating
User selectable grounded / floating operation for all your needs
EIS up to 1 MHz
Optional integrated impedance analyser FRA / EIS 10µHz to 250kHz / 1MHz
The Vertex can be internally expanded with a True Linear Scan module or a Bipotentiostat, and is compatible with other Ivium options and modules and several Ivium boosters for higher power requirement.
Several peripheral analog/digital I/O to allow external interfacing and compatibility with several Ivium modules.
- Current compliance: ±100mA up to ±20A
- Maximum compliance voltage: ±5V up to ±50V
- Maximum applied voltage: ±10V
- Electrode connections: 4; WE, CE, RE, S (and GND) with 4mm banana plugs
- Potentiostat bandwidth: >500kHz
- Stability settings: High Speed, Standard and High Stability
- Programmable response filter: 1MHz, 100kHz, 10kHz, 1kHz, 10Hz
- Signal acquisition: Dual channel 18bit ADC, 300,000 samples/s
- Max. applied potential range: ±10V
- Applied potential resolution: 0.08mV
- Applied potential accuracy: 0.2%, or 2mV
- Current ranges: ±100pA to ±10A
- Measured current resolution: 0.003% of current range, minimum 3fA
- Measured current accuracy: 20pA + 0.025% of FSR
- Applied current resolution: 0.008% of applied current range
- Applied current accuracy: 0.2%
- Galvanostatic current ranges: ±10nA to ±10A
- Potential ranges: ±1mV, ±4mV, ±10mV, ±40mV, ±100mV, ±400mV, ±1V, ±4V, ±10V
- Measured potential resolution: 0.0008% of potential range, minimum 7nV
- Measured potential accuracy: 0.2% or 2mV
- Frequency range: 10µHz to 1MHz
- Amplitude: 0.15mV to 2.0V, or 0.03% to 100% of current range
- DC offset: 16bit DC offset subtraction and 2 DC-decoupling filters
- Input impedance: >1000Gohm //<10pF
- Input bias current: <20pA
- Bandwidth: 5MHz
- Ohmic drop compensation: 2V/current range
- 2/1 Analog input/output: ±10V, 16bit resolution, bandwidth 40kHz
- 3/1 Digital input/output: 1 input (0-5V) / 3 output (0-3.3V)
- I-out/E-out: Analog monitor for cell current and potential
- AC-out: ±0.5V sinewave, 10µHz-1MHz with var. att.
- Channel-X input, Channel-Y input: ±4V: to record impedance from peripheral devices
- Power requirements: USB powered
- Interfacing: USB
- Dimensions: 16 x 6.7 x 1.9 cm,
- Weight: 300g
- PC Requirement: Windows 8/10/11, with free USB port
The VERTEX is available in 10 power configurations:
±100mA / ±21V
±350mA / ±21V
With peripheral I/O
±100mA / ±10V
±1A / ±10V
±1A / ±20V
±1A / ±50V
±2A / ±20V
±5A / ±10V
±10A / ±5V
±20A / ±2V
Iviumsoft: all you need in a single suite
Ivium provides outstanding software to match every research application. IviumSoft intuitive software suite is feature-rich and is common to all of our instruments. It comprises several operation modes which offers one complete powerful and versatile package of control and analysis software, suitable for any Windows operated system. It is free with each instrument with unlimited installs.
IviumSoft can also interface with and be controlled from LabVIEWTM, C++, Delphi, etc. A full suite of IviumSoft is included with each instrument as standard.
User interface for single and multichannel instrument control, electrochemical method selection and composition, data display and analysis.
Intuitive and easy linear battery testing protocol builder, with real-time interactive user control, safety settings, cycling protocol, drive cycle import.
- Multichannel Mode (MC Mode):
Clear and simple control of up to 100s of channels simultaneously with only a few mouse clicks.
Advanced and versatile data plotting for all your battery data, for all your channels, real time, with your choice of graphs and representation, charge-discharge • capacity vs. cycle nr. • EIS fit • charge efficiency • etc.
- Batch Mode:
Using Batch Mode, the operator can automate complex measurement sequences, and interface to external equipment for process automation.