High performance rack-mountable battery test system with integrated impedance analyser
The OctoStat is a multi-channel test system with a fixed number of 8 channels per unit, including low current measurement possibility down to 100pA full-scale with fA resolution. Each channel is equipped with its own dedicated FRA/EIS and an input for temperature measurement. The OctoStat is built into a 19inch rack mountable housing.
The OctoStat is designed for applications where multiple cells are operated in parallel for long periods of time. It also includes an integrated DataSecure that stores all data independent of the PC to ensure that in the event of communication loss or computer crash, the measurement will continue and measurement data is never lost. This system stability makes the OctoStat a perfect system for long term testing applications, such as battery/fuel cell testing, electrode development, biotechnology, and corrosion.
8-channel potentiostat / Galvanostat
Designed for battery/fuel cell testing. Affordable high-spec electrochemical test system.
uDataSecure module allows data to be stored onboard (independently of the computer) upt to 20M points / channel
USB / Lan connectivity
uDataSecure module allows multiple PC connections via LAN (Ethernet)
19″ rack-mountable housing
Up to 128 channels per rack
Automatic current range selection: 100pA to 100mA/10A
including low current measurement possibility down to 100pA full-scale with fA resolution
Dedicated embedded FRA/EIS
in each independent channel, not multiplexed. Capable of EIS during DC charge/discharge
Peripheral analog signal adquisition
Octostat allows simultaneous acquisition of current/potential and peripheral analog signal
- Current compliance: ±30mA / ±200mA / ±5A
- Maximum compliance voltage: ±10V
- Maximum applied voltage: ±10V
- Electrode connections: 4; WE, CE, RE, S (and GND) with 4mm banana plugs
- Potentiostat bandwidth: >500kHz
- Stability settings: High Speed, Standard and High Stability
- Programmable response filter: 1MHz, 100kHz, 10kHz, 1kHz, 10Hz
- Signal acquisition: Dual channel 18bit ADC, 300 000 samples/s
- Data adquisition time: 10µs (min.), 20M each channel
- Max. applied potential range: ±10V
- Applied potential resolution: 0.08mV
- Applied potential accuracy: 0.2%, or 2mV
- Current ranges: ±100pA to ±10A
- Measured current resolution: 0.003% of current range, minimum 3fA
- Measured current accuracy: 20pA + 0.025% of FSR
- Applied current resolution: 0.008% of applied current range
- Applied current accuracy: 0.2%
- Galvanostatic current ranges: ±10nA to ±10A
- Potential ranges: ±1mV, ±4mV, ±10mV, ±40mV, ±100mV, ±400mV, ±1V, ±4V, ±10V
- Measured potential resolution: 0.0008% of potential range, minimum 7nV
- Measured potential accuracy: 0.2% or 2mV
- Frequency range: 10µHz to 1MHz
- Amplitude: 0.015mV to 2.0V, or 0.03% to 100% of current range
- DC offset: 16bit DC offset subtraction and 2 DC-decoupling filters
- Input impedance: >1000Gohm //<10pF
- Input bias current: <20pA
- Bandwidth: 5MHz
- Ohmic drop compensation: 2V/current range
- Analog input/output: 2 per channel (±10V, 16bit resolution, bandwidth 40kHz)
- Power requirements: USB powered
- Interfacing: USB
- Dimensions: 16 x 6.7 x 1.9 cm,
- Weight: 300g
- PC Requirement: Windows 8/10/11, with free USB port
IviumSoft: all you need in a single suite
Ivium provides outstanding software to match every research application. IviumSoft intuitive software suite is feature-rich and is common to all of our instruments.
It comprises several operation modes which offers one complete powerful and versatile package of control and analysis software. The IviumSoft control software allows control of separate channels or all channels simultaneously with synchronized start. Data can be plotted per channel or simultaneously for all channels on a single screen. IviumSoft can also interface with and be controlled from LabVIEWTM, C++, Delphi, etc.
A full suite of IviumSoft is included with each instrument as standard.
User interface for single and multichannel instrument control, electrochemical method selection and composition, data display and analysis.
Intuitive and easy linear battery testing protocol builder, with real-time interactive user control, safety settings, cycling protocol, drive cycle import.
- Multichannel Mode (MC Mode):
Clear and simple control of up to 100s of channels simultaneously with only a few mouse clicks.
Advanced and versatile data plotting for all your battery data, for all your channels, real time, with your choice of graphs and representation, charge-discharge • capacity vs. cycle nr. • EIS fit • charge efficiency • etc.
- Batch Mode:
Using Batch Mode, the operator can automate complex measurement sequences, and interface to external equipment for process automation.
OCTOBOOST for additional power needs (up to 128A)
The OctoBoost16000 offers a flexible high current solution for both the OctoStats family. In combination with an OctoStat, the 16A channels on the booster can be combined (as long as the channels are neighbouring) to give a variable max current up to 128A (e.g. 8 x ±16A, 4 x ±32A, 2 x ±64A, 1 x ±64A and 4 x ±16A, 1 x 128A, etc.).